Luton Roma Trust
Part-time Charity Administrator
Call for applications
In the midst of multicultural Luton is a vibrant Roma community estimated to be at least 3,000 in size. Luton Roma Trust was established as a charity in 2015 and since then has been reaching out to these economic migrants who have migrated from Romania and Bulgaria in recent years. Our interventions are holistic, covering every area of life. Our partnerships with local schools aim at enhancing the educational experience of the Roma children.
The Charity Administrator will ensure proper flow of office procedures, and will support the Manager by carrying out common office duties. He/she will maintain a positive and friendly image by acting as the first line of contact to visitors online, and via telephone.
- You will answer incoming calls; taking messages and re-directing calls as required
- You will deal with email enquiries
- You will creates agendas and take meeting notes
- You will arrange meetings, booking meeting rooms and conference facilities
- You will maintain stock lists and order office supplies as needed
- You will organise travel and accommodation for staff, if necessary
- You will assists in planning and arranging events
- You will draft, format, and print relevant documents
- You will photocopy and file appropriate documents as needed
- You will keep a record of staff expense requests
- You will assist with purchasing orders and invoicing
- You will maintain accurate records for employee holiday requests
- You will provide support to the Manager when required
- You will keep a fundraising database
- You will attend meetings, conferences and events as required
- You will undertake any other such duties as are reasonably appropriate to the job.
- At least one year demonstrable prior office management experience in a charity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent administrative skills and good IT skills, including Microsoft Office packages: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and databases
- High level of accuracy in all work with excellent attention to detail and excellent written English
- Demonstrable ability to work independently
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of people both inside and outside the charity
- Ability to Handle Confidential Information
- Strong Record Keeping Skills
- Presentation Skills, Including welcoming guests to events
- Team player with ability to build strong working relationships across the organisation
- Highly organised, with ability to plan, multitask and prioritise work under pressure
- Pro-active and striving to achieve excellence in his/her work
- Committed to human rights and promoting equality
- Understands and respects Luton Roma Trust’s values including its Christian ethos
- Respectful towards the others with a professional attitude
- Office Administration qualification
- Experience with working with databases especially with Lamplight
- Project-management skills
- Knowledge of Romanian language will be an advantage
- Human Resources knowledge and experience will be an advantage
- Reliable and honest
Pay and Conditions
- The Administrator will work 15 hours a week (Monday-Friday) or as agreed with the Manager for a period of 1 year. Extension of contract and increase of number of hours is possible depending on available funding.
- The rate of pay is £ 13.50/hour before tax (National Insurance tax is paid by Luton Roma Trust and there will be a statutory employee contribution of 4% towards pension).
- Paid holiday includes 20 days calculated on a pro rata basis plus bank holidays.
- Reasonable expenses in connection with work will be paid.
- The deadline for this position is 24th May 2021. Interviews will be held via Zoom. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- To apply, please send your CV and a Letter of Motivation by email with the subject Administrator to email@example.com
- The successful applicant will start work as soon as possible. Any offer of employment is dependent on receipt of 2 satisfactory references (one from your most recent employer) and any other statutory checks including DBS.
- To find out more about Luton Roma Trust please have a look at our website www.lutonromatrust.org.uk where you will find information about our work including our projects etc.