In the midst of multicultural Luton is a vibrant Roma community estimated to be at least 3,000 in size. Luton Roma Trust was established as a charity in 2015 and since then has been reaching out to these economic migrants who have migrated from Romania and Bulgaria in recent years. Our interventions are holistic, covering every area of life. Our partnerships with local schools aim at enhancing the educational experience of the Roma children. To find out more about Luton Roma Trust please have a look at our website http://www.lutonromatrust.org.uk where you will find information about our work including our projects etc.
The Finance Officer will be responsible for all aspects of the financial management of Luton Roma Trust including making sure that the charity remains compliant with the Charity Commission requirements and standards
- You will maintain a record of all the expenses and income for the Charity using QuickBooks
- You will attend the financial section of the Board meeting
- You will be required to prepare project budgets
- You will report to the Manager and provide regular financial reports whenever requested
- You will be required to prepare cash flow projections
- You will reconcile all transactions
- You will draft and process invoices and receipts, as needed
- You will support the Charity Manager and the Board with any other financial tasks when required
- A qualification in bookkeeping and at least two years experience
- At least two years demonstrable prior finance experience work in a charity
- High level of detail and accuracy in all work
- Demonstrable ability to work independently
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to handle confidential Information
- Strong record keeping skills
- Highly organised, with ability to plan, multitask and prioritise work under pressure
- Pro-active and striving to achieve excellence in his/her work
- Reliable, honest and someone who carries integrity
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Understands and respects Luton Roma Trust’s values including its Christian ethos
- Project-management skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of people both inside and outside the charity
- Communication skills
- Committed to human rights and promoting equality
Pay and Conditions
- We are looking for either a self-employed or contract basis Bookkeeper
- If self-employed we will contract you for 10-15 hours/week
- The employed Finance Officer will work 15 hours a week (Monday-Friday) or as agreed with the Manager for an initial period of 3 months with a review.
- The rate of pay for the employed Finance Officer is £ 14.80/hour before tax (National Insurance tax is paid by Luton Roma Trust and there will be a statutory employee contribution of 4% towards pension).
- The rate of pay for self-employed person is negotiable within the constraints of our budget
- The deadline for this position is 14 February 2022. Interviews will be held via Zoom on the week of the 21st of February via Zoom
- To apply, please send your CV and a one page Cover Letter by email with the subject Finance Officer to email@example.com
- The successful applicant will start work as soon as possible. Any offer of employment is dependent on receipt of 2 satisfactory references (one from your most recent employer) and any other statutory checks including DBS.
Luton Roma Trust is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.